Boo! Let's Have some Halloween Fun!
Halloween is upon us!
Our Halloween plans may be somewhat different this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun! In fact, one of my favorite Halloween traditions inherently combines no-contact, social distancing, and sometimes even masks: BOO-ing your neighbors and friends!!
The premise is simple: Deliver some Halloween treats to two friends by sneaking to their porch, ringing their doorbell, and running away! Don’t get caught!
There are printables below for two game options:
- “You’ve been BOO’ed” for kids/family/all ages, and
- “You’ve been BOO-zed” for adults 21 and over.
Safety precautions to take in light of COVID: This activity is about as risky as getting any other items delivered to your house. Because the purpose is to not be seen, there shouldn’t be any face-to-face contact. However, to minimize risk even further, wear a mask (you can even incorporate this into your stealth operations… did someone say ninja?!). Also, please do not participate if you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
Stay safe, and have fun!!
You've Been Boo'ed!
How to play:
- Print out two copies of the “You’ve been Boo’ed!” flyer.
- Gather two bags/buckets of treats. Treats can include candy, small Halloween toys, coloring books, and crafts. Add a printed flyer to each bag, to explain the game to each recipient.
- Drop off the treats and flyer to two friends or neighbors without being seen! Night is often best, but it really doesn’t matter. The point is to stay out of sight so you can anonymously deliver the goodies! Tip: For those with young children, it’s often more practical to coordinate the best time to BOO! That’s totally fine too! Do what works best for your individual circumstances. 🙂
- Upload your pictures/videos to social media using the hashtag #YouveBeenBooed, and be sure to tag my Facebook page: @MainLineMama and Insta: @themainlinemama
You've Been Boozed!
Who says kids should have all the fun?! This adult activity will be sure to raise spirits – bringing smiles to your friends and neighbors alike!
How to play:
- Print out two copies of the “You’ve been BOO-zed!” flyer.
- Gather two bottles of spirits, wine, or beer. Dress up the bottle with a fun Halloween bag or spooky décor! Add a printed flyer to each bottle, to explain the game to the recipients.
- Drop off the BOOZE to friends or neighbors without being seen! Night is often best, but it really doesn’t matter. The point is to stay out of sight so you can anonymously deliver the adult beverages!
- Upload your pictures/videos to social media using the hashtag #YouveBeenBoozed and be sure to tag my Facebook page: @MainLineMama and Insta: @themainlinemama